Posted October 2021 for our November performance. We expect to have additional updates prior to our next in-person performances.
We want to mitigate risk as much as possible, protect our singers and you, and give us all peace of mind and a great experience of an excellent concert.
Here’s what Chronos Vocal Ensemble is doing:
- Our singers are fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- We wear masks to rehearse and perform
- Will keep distance from the audience inside the venue
- Will limit the duration of the performance
- Venues have been chosen with attention to our ability to manage audience traffic and allow for distancing
- We are limiting sales and assigning seating to make distancing possible and maximize everyone’s safety and comfort
- Ushers will be available to help in finding seats
Here’s what we’re asking you to do:
- Please stay home if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, in keeping with the the COVID-19 Alberta Daily Health Checklist.
- Provide proof of full vaccination (two weeks post second shot) to access performances, along with photo ID for those over 18.
- We ask that anyone not fully vaccinated, regardless of reason, take advantage of online options to experience a Chronos performance and await a future opportunity to experience the choir live.
- Wear a mask, in keeping with requirements put in place by the Province of Alberta and City of Edmonton.
- Maintain physical distancing from patrons outside of your party while inside the venue.
- When you arrive, please check in with your entire party. Rather than receiving physical tickets, purchasers will present their ID to receive the seating assignment for their party. Ushers can assist patrons in locating their assigned seats.
At least two weeks have elapsed since your final dose of an approved vaccine.
No. As a result, all patrons including subscribers will need to show proof of vaccination at each performance.
Your safety and the safety of all our audience members is our primary concern. At this time we ask that all those not vaccinated or unable to wear a mask or face covering avoid in-person attendance at our performances. We are making extra effort to ensure all concerts are streamed and/or recorded to ensure everyone is able to enjoy the Chronos experience; please stay tuned for more information. You may also enjoy recordings on our YouTube channel.
At this time, we ask that unvaccinated children refrain from attending in person.
For each performance, we are preparing to offer a high-quality live stream, full-length video release, or both. Expect more information on how to take advantage of these options, including a fully-online subscription option, by the end of October. (November update: Check out our Digital Season offerings.)
All subscribers and ticket holders will be provided access to our online, streamed and/or recorded versions of each performance this season at no additional charge. If you are unable to attend in person for any reason, please join us online, whether live or afterward.
We sincerely hope to be able to carry out all this year’s performances, including if we have to resort to an online-only format for presentation. If even this is not possible, ticketholders will be offered a credit, refund or opportunity to convert the purchase to a receiptable donation.
Yes. Until further notice, all performers are masked during rehearsals and performance. We expect this may evolve as the season progresses, balancing a strong commitment to safety and the comfort of our singers and audience members with the desire to give and experience a compelling performance.
While no specific degree of distancing is required under the Restrictions Exemption Program, for everyone’s comfort and safety we are implementing a combination of limited capacity coupled with assigned seating to enable distancing between parties. Similar to how venues with separate seats are currently maintaining an empty seat between parties.
No. We will expect that members of a party intend to sit together unless informed otherwise at time of purchase. If a change is needed on performance day, please inform our front-of-house personnel when you check in, and we will accommodate you as best we can.
Yes. We will continue to adjust our procedures with attention to COVID-19 case numbers, norms in the performing arts sector, and government regulations. We will continue to update our written protocols as applicable, and continue to inform ticket holders of any changes as the season progresses.
As the season begins we are limiting audience capacity to approximately ⅓ of the venue’s fire code maximum to allow distancing between audience members.
Along with your ticket registration, we will collect your preference for a front, middle, or rear seat. Seating in preferred areas will be removed from availability once full. We will pre-assign pews with combinations of party sizes (singles, pairs, threes etc.), and on arrival you will be assigned a numbered row. Ushers will be able to assist patrons in finding their assigned seats. Preferred seating within rows (e.g., centre aisle vs outside) will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
This may vary as the season progresses; however, our November 7th performance will be 75 minutes in length without intermission.
Not at this time; however, we expect this to develop as the season progresses. For Breathe on November 7, we will only be selling tickets in advance, until 5:00 PM on the date of the performance, availability permitting.