Jan 23, 2023
Preliminary deadline to inquire is July 29.
Job Opportunity: Audience Engagement and Communications Coordinator
In the coming year, Chronos Vocal Ensemble is resuming complex live concert productions. We’re also maintaining new initiatives we’ve developed during the pandemic, especially around digital content and engaging with a wider national audience.
The Audience Engagement and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for communication and engagement through everything from social media and email to live events. You will help us connect with those who matter most!
● Create and edit written material for various audiences, including social media, email, and formal reports
● Build and manage email strategy and mailing lists
● Maintain and use CRM platform
● Design and implement social media strategies including content creation, scheduling, and ads based on analytics and performance reports
● Respond to audience feedback and participate in donor engagement
● Manage website content and online presence
● Manage front of house for concert productions: coordinate volunteers, ticket sales, audience experience
We’re looking for these attributes:
● A customer service approach ● Highly organized and detail-oriented
● Enjoys problem-solving and executing major events
● A good writer and communicator, who can tailor messages to audiences
● Demonstrated experience with social media platforms and strategies
● Database and mailing list management experience
● Proficiency with Google products
Experience in any of the following will be an asset:
● Interpreting social media and marketing analytics
● CRM management
● Grant writing
● Document layout
Any of the following could increase the scope of the position:
● Web development experience
● Desktop publishing experience
● Video editing skills
● The opportunity to work with dedicated, creative, positive professionals
● Proximity to great experiences of choral art
● Flexibility, working mostly from your own space on your own schedule
● Opportunities for growth and increased responsibility
● Competitive pay, dependent on your skills and experience
You’ll work as an independent contractor, about 20 hours per month on average; we hope to increase this over time. We’ll negotiate expectations around availability and responsiveness. The workload will be greatest around our main events each year, with required availability for at least three TBA weekend dates. You’ll provide your transportation and use your own devices.
Get in touch!
We invite inquiries from diverse applicants with a range of backgrounds, experiences and competencies, and encourage you to contact us at [email protected] (subject line “AECC Position”), sharing up to 500 words concerning your skills, experience and interest. Resumes, links and/or work examples are welcome but not required at this stage. Please provide your preferred method(s) of contact, and general availability.
This position is open until filled; we hope for a start date in September 2022. Preliminary deadline is July 29, after which we will begin to assess and respond to inquiries. We will respond to all inquiries.
Chronos Vocal Ensemble is a diverse group of skilled singers united by the goal of creating compelling choral experiences. Chronos Vocal Ensemble was founded in 2013 by Jordan Van Biert and has delighted audiences across Canada and the U.S. The choir has released three recordings and collaborated with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, Alberta Baroque Ensemble, Spiritus Chamber Choir (Calgary), Edmonton Youth Choir and more. In 2015, the choir won the Healey Willan Grand Prize in the National Competition for Canadian Amateur Choirs.
PDF Version of Job Posting: Chronos AECC Job Posting- Jul 2022
Dec 14, 2022
Dec 1, 2022
Nov 7, 2022
Oct 15, 2022
Sep 20, 2022
Sep 19, 2022
Sep 1, 2022
In celebration of its 20th anniversary, Vocal Alchemy will take the stage at the Winspear Centre on November 29, 2022 for its largest production ever,......
Jul 22, 2022
May 4, 2022
Feb 24, 2022
Feb 7, 2022